Friday 22 August 2014

One more sleep to go

Or at least there is for some. As there is still fair bit of packing to do, I fear I won't be getting much sleep tonight.

I remember when travelling was easy - the night before we used to just casually throw some clothing into the case, check that we had tickets, passports and credit cards and that was it. If we forgot anything, we could always buy it or just go without, no biggie. Now I have spent past 2 weeks running around making sure that we have every bit of paper that any customs officer might want to see, getting the van serviced, booking dogs to the vets to be wormed and vaccinated and that we have enough currency for the various countries we're driving through. I have even resorted to writing lists. I used to laugh at people who wrote lists in preparation for holidays.

So, dogs' paperwork is sorted and ready in a folder, passports and various car documents have been copied, Nipsu's toys have been packed, sleeping bags are stuffed. We still need to pack clothes for everyone, some of which aren't quite dry yet as I didn't get laundry done on time, and load the van. And we're due to leave in 6 hours..

No comments:

Post a Comment